Architect – DGJ Flett
Services Engineers – Livingstone Mechanical Services
Main Contractor – Maxi Construction
Mechanical Contractor – EDP Consulting Engineers
The Priory Church, now an Grade A listed building, was once part of a medieval Carmelite Friary at the hub of life in the royal burgh of Queensferry.
The Priory has undergone 2 major restorations in its time. In 1890, the remaining buildings comprising the choir, the tower and the south transept, were restored for use by the Scottish Episcopal Church under Bishop Dowden of Edinburgh and the architect, John Kinross. Thus for the past 100 years, the Priory has once again been a place of regular worship.
The second major work of restoration took place in 1999 – 2000 ensuring the building remains in use for many years to come. To create a more welcoming environment for 21st century users, a wooden floor with underfloor heating was laid over the original stone floor and new lighting now accentuates the simple beauty of the building.