Architect – Building Design Partnership
Main Contractor – Miller Construction
Mechanical Contractor – HCP
Located on East Market Street in Central Edinburgh, between Waverley Station and the Royal Mile, Waverley Court is the main administrative centre for the City of Edinburgh Council . The building extends to 18022m² and comprises five floors, including a lower courtyard level with restaurant, gymnasium and library. Housing 1600 members of staff it replaces 20 other council buildings throughout the city bringing together all of the Council’s customer service staff in one of the most environmentally friendly buildings in Edinburgh .
Anderson Floor Warming installed over 1500m of trench heating around the perimeter of each floor, specified to help reduce the cold down drafts and condensation typically associated with buildings that have a high percentage of glazed elevations, and offering energy saving features and cost effectiveness.