Dec 222009

Wednesday 16th December saw Anderson Floor Warming Ltd hold their annual Xmas outing, this time to Scotkart in Cambuslang. All employees participated in a Karting competition followed by Paintball.

xmas karting 1

2008 Winner David Eadie was looking to retain the crown for a second year in a row, but faced some stiff competition from Scott Eadie and Michael Johnstone hoping to cause an upset. After 4 heats for qualification to the final, David looked set to repeat last year’s victory with pole position in the final, closely followed by Scott, and a surprise appearance from Tomasz Cudzilo in third place on the grid, flying the flag for the office.

The final saw a thrilling battle at the front between David and Scott as Tomasz crashed out early dropping right down the grid and out of the running. This allowed Michael Johnstone to move up the grid and challenge the front 2. It didn’t take long for him to catch up and take 2nd place from Scott and give David a run for his money. His pressure paid off and he got in front of David, but an audacious overtaking manoeuvre coming off the ramp put David back in front. This didn’t deter Michael who stayed on his tail for the rest of the race, but despite his best efforts, just couldn’t get past David again. They both crossed the line within a fraction of a second of each other, with Scott not too far behind.

xmas karting 2

David took his place on the podium again retaining his crown from last year, with the unlucky Michael having to make do with 2nd place despite recording the fastest lap time. Scott took the remaining medal position. Special mention goes to young Michael Craig for the impressive feat of recording one of the slowest best lap times in a final and still finishing with a few racers behind him.

The Karting was followed by a break for pizza and then outside for some paintball. We split into two teams, the Wolves and the Vipers.

xmas karting 3

xmas karting 4

The Wolves took the first game comfortably, but a change of ends saw the Vipers take victory in a similar manner. After a short break to compare war wounds, we returned to the battlefield with the Vipers continuing where they left off with another convincing victory to take a 2-1 lead. But the Wolves weren’t giving up and held out for victory in a tense final game. By now most of us had used up our ammo, and a draw was declared.

A great evening was had by all and everyone is looking forward to the next outing and hoping they can oust David from the top spot.